Director, Search and Social
Atlanta - Performance Media
As a Director, Search and Social, you will work directly with our Performance Media Team, Analytics, Project Managers, Creative and Product Development Team Members. You will focus on managing both the execution team as well as leading client strategy. You should possess a firm grasp of the primary online marketing strategies, including SEO, Paid Social, Targeting, and Retargeting. Additionally, you should have a working knowledge of the paid search platforms as well as management tools.
The Director, Paid Search and Social must have the ability to work across multiple accounts and departments on a daily basis, efficiently organizing workflows and delivering on deadlines.
What we're looking for:
- This position is best suited for a candidate with prior agency experience.
- This person should possess a firm grasp of the primary online marketing strategies, including SEO, Audience Targeting, and creative story-telling.
- This team member should have a working knowledge of tech/management platforms as well as reporting tools.
- Candidates must have strong presentation skills and have exceptional writing skills. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must. Additionally, this position requires advanced experience with researching, developing, building, managing and optimizing paid search campaigns.
- Strong understanding and utilization of Google Adwords, Bing and Amazon, including both Search and Shopping Ad formats, as well as management platforms such as Kenshoo or SA360.
- Strong understanding and utilization of SEO tools and techniques spanning both technical and content perspectives, as well as platform measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, ScreamingFrog, Moz, etc.
- Strong understanding and utilization of Paid Social platforms (both native and management tools, such as Kenshoo, 4C, etc.), including an in-depth knowledge and competency regarding audiences/personas and segmentation, as well as creative alignment.
- Strong understanding and utilization of Paid Social platforms, including an in-depth knowledge and competency regarding audiences/personas and segmentation, as well as creative alignment.
- Possess integrity and strong personal responsibility.
- Comfortable with senior level clients and internal leadership team
- Optimizing towards a variety of targets including CPA, CPL, ROAS, ROI, etc.
- 3+ years of management across platform tools such as Kenshoo, SA360, 4C, etc.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- 5+ years of search (SEM and SEO) experience
- 5+ years of paid social experience
- Experience handling tagging, pixels, etc.
- Comfortable in analytics platforms such as DV360, Adobe, etc.
- A strategic thinker: able to plan and process
- Strong project manager, ensuring deadlines are met
- Eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current marketing trends
- A self starter with strong communication skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Comfortable being a key player on a variety of projects
- Possesses a pleasant, personable manner (in-person, phone and email)
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Build relationships with clients (both internal and external) and key stakeholders
- Responsible for managing and ensuring successful implementation of paid search campaigns, demonstrating revenue goals, efficiency and volume
- Audit search (SEM and SEO) and paid social efforts of potential clients and provide insight as to how ROI can be increased
- Identify opportunities to grow leads and improve profitability of campaigns
- Work directly with key clients to communicate results and opportunities within paid search efforts to the client
- Remain current with industry trends while continually leveraging new tools and industry best practices to boost efficiency of campaigns.
- Contribute to campaign performance reports, using data to tell stories, and provide actionable insights for team members as well as clients
- Thrives on results-driven success
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Keep up to date with paid search and social industry developments
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate strategies for clients, in agency roles
- Project management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Analytical and critical attention to detail
- Experience in account management, client relationship building and presenting findings.
- Expectancy to travel (US based) 25% of time, but may change, dependant upon client needs.
- For the right candidate, this could be a remote opportunity.